Energetic, the banana makes the happiness of the sportsmen and gourmands. All our advice to choose it well, consume it and keep it.
Banana, its dietary virtues
- Do not give it to your child until ripewhen its starch, indigestible, is transformed into sugars (fructose and glucose), perfectly assimilable. It will enjoy, as you do, its soft fibers that protect the intestines, its many trace elements such as potassium and magnesium, and its vitamins, including the C anti-infectious. It also contains vitamins A, B and E.
- At the energy level, bananas are more caloric than most other fruitss (90 kcal per 100 g) ... but less than many sweet desserts. It is perfect to taste or after the effort to restore energy.
Choice and conservation
- Picking green on the tree, the banana continues to ripen at room temperature, preferably wrapped in newspaper. It then takes on a uniformly yellow or tiger color, a sign of its maturity.
- Warning : never place it in the refrigeratorshe dreads the cold that makes her uncomfortable.
- Crushed in orange juice or yoghurt, banana is one of the first fruits with which your baby, from 6 months, learns chewing. You can also give it poached and crushed finely to your baby.
- At the appearance of teeth, transform this soft fruit into chips to replace the usual biscuit: spread thin slices of banana on a sheet of parchment paper and cook for one hour in a soft oven (110 ° C).
Baby recipes around the banana
Ham with banana
Want to share your recipes and cooking tips? See you on our Cooking Forum.